Part-time Production & Distribution Technician
We are looking for a meticulous, organized and all-round kick-ass individual to join our growing team!
Based on the west side of Bowen Island, Bowen Island Soap Company is a plant-based artisan soap and candle company catering to awesome people all over the world.
Our company is eco-friendly, sustainable and sassy - with a kind heart. Our products are 100% cruelty free and hand-made in small batches here on Bowen Island, BC.
We are looking for a team member who holds our values dear and is as passionate about producing and delivering our high quality, hand-made products as we are.
We are currently hiring a part-time Production & Distribution Technician to assist with orders, product labelling, and packing / shipping requirements.
Processing Wholesale orders: order fulfilment, packing orders, working to arrange shipments for timely delivery.
Processing Online orders: printing packing slips, packaging orders including all additional requirements as needed per order, checking orders against packing slips, processing shipment arrangements, writing hand written notes to customers.
Preparing Products for sale: printing product labels, cleaning and labelling product to BISCo's standards, organizing products on shelves / putting product away etc.
Assisting with other duties as necessary: Custom / Private label orders, preparing samples, Market / Fair preparation, Inventory organization etc.
MUST HAVE Skills & Attributes
- A creative self starter able to adapt to changing business demands.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage deadlines.
- Able to lift 25kgs and work in an environment with chemicals (lye) and various natural oils and fragrances.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong tech skills e.g., MS Office suite, internet, email and able to quickly learn other PC / iPhone programs as required.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized and dedicated to BISCo's culture and ethos.
- Strong communication skills.
AWESOME EXTRA Skills & Attributes
- Easy going with a good sense of humour.
- A good understanding of e-commerce, in particular the gift market and brands with whom we align.
- Experience working in a product-based, online business.
- Interested in: gifts & the gifting market, eco-friendly & sustainable products, skin care, home decor, and witty, clever branding.
HOURS & RENUMERATION
5-6 hours a day, 1-2 days a week
Hours will be weekdays, 9:30am - 4:00pm and may increase as demand dictates
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the above requirements, please email your one-page resume and a quick note to say why you're applying to:
SUBJECT: Part-Time Production & Distribution Technician
We can't wait to hear from you!
Thank you so much for your interest! We'll be in touch with suitable candidates.