Do you like cheesy music and laugh at inappropriate jokes? Do you want to make a difference sharing our plant-based, sustainable products around the world?
🙌Come work with us!🙌
Based on the west side of Bowen Island, Bowen Island Soap Company is a plant-based, artisan soap and candle company catering to awesome people all over the world.
Our company is eco-friendly, sustainable and sassy - with a kind heart. Our products are 100% cruelty free and hand-made here on Bowen Island, BC.
We are looking for a team member who holds our values dear and is as passionate about producing and delivering our high quality, hand-made products as we are.
We are currently hiring a part-time Production & Distribution Technician to assist with orders, product labelling, and packing / shipping requirements.
- Processing Wholesale orders: order fulfilment, packing orders, working to arrange shipments for timely delivery.
- Processing Online orders: printing packing slips, packaging orders including all additional requirements as needed per order, checking orders against packing slips, processing shipment arrangements, writing hand written notes to customers.
- Preparing Products for sale: printing product labels, cleaning and labelling products, organizing and shelving products ready for sale.
- Assisting with other duties as necessary: Custom / Private label orders, preparing samples, Market / Fair preparation, Inventory organization etc.
- Possibility of training in other work areas such as making product if staying long term.
MUST HAVE Skills & Attributes
- A creative self starter able to adapt to changing business demands as needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage deadlines.
- Able to lift 25kgs and work in an environment with chemicals (lye) and various natural oils and fragrances.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong tech skills e.g., MS Office suite, internet, email and able to quickly learn other PC / iPhone programs as required.
- Strong work ethic, organized and dedicated to BISCo's culture and ethos.
- Strong communication skills. Yes, we're sassy but we're also kind and honest. We keep things real so things stay ship shape and everyone is a happy camper as much as possible.
- Fully vaccinated and lead a healthy lifestyle. The health and safety of both you and our customers is a top priority.
- Fun, easy going and a good sense of humour. Our company is based on spreading joy and our Spotify playlist is varied with a lot of bad singing.
AWESOME EXTRA Skills & Attributes
- A good understanding of e-commerce, in particular the gift market and brands with whom we align.
- Experience working in a product-based, online business.
- Interested in: gifts & the gifting market, eco-friendly & sustainable products, skin care, home decor, and witty, clever branding.
HOURS & RENUMERATION
- $18/hour + an exclusive staff discount on our products
- 10:00 am - 3:30pm Mon, Tues, Weds to start. Hours are likely increase as business needs arise, especially during the current holiday season.
- Lovely, quiet, forest location on Bowen west side close to one of the island's best beaches (reliable transport required).
- Immediate start
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the above requirements, please email us to say why you'd be a good fit to:
SUBJECT: Part-Time Production & Distribution Technician
We can't wait to hear from you!
Thank you so much for your interest! We'll be in touch with suitable candidates.
BISCo is a substance and smoke free environment. This job is not suitable for minors or people looking for short term or casual work.